Skip to main content

Off The Top..Somethin Like A Freestyle

When I feel like I do
I can find a 
place
to steal away
Be still, be quiet,
flow in the moment, 
BE
If I feel like Musiq singing in my ears
it's cool
maybe a little Bob to trigger the militant in
ME
Perhaps I might vibe a little more 
and
wake up the chick who used to like to ride or die
Ambitious As A Ridah
Tupac, you're missed
Or maybe 
I'll find peace, resolution in the 
Psalms
They call me to a Higher Place
Selah
I feel me 
today
the mysteries of my soul 
unwind
the depths of my mind
unfold
to make room for 
discovery
SELAH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Yeah Im talkin to you

When I did this video back in October of 2009, I had not planned, nor had I rehearsed any of what I was going to say. The words and expressions I used, the flow and the rhythm; they all came together as I spoke and recorded.I suppose it was born out of my own experiences really. In hindsight when I watch this over and over again, I am reminded of why this seemed to speak to so many women. It spoke to me. This person is our friend, she's our sister. She is our cousin and our neighbor. This woman could be our niece or our mother. I don't believe 'she' is the 'every woman' Chaka Khan was referring to. It's personal....Yeah, I'm talkin to YOU! It's about relationships and cycles of emotion all weaved together and sealed with good intentions, oozing with confusion. The toxic love relationship satisfies for a time, The love affair with food satisfies for a time... Even the nonreciprocating relationships with each other, satisfy for a time, but ulti